The microscope is fully enclosed for heating and environmental control with media perfusion capabilities and CO2 control.
- Laser scanning confocal imaging
- Super Resolution imagining with AiryScan (1.7X improvement over diffraction limited imaging)
- Perform Quantitative Imaging (linear scanner)
- Imaging of weak fluorescence signals with high sensitivity AiryScan mode
- Live Cell Imaging
- Focus Maintenance
- Piezo stage movement
- FRET, FRAP and FLIP
- Photoactivation/ -conversion
- Inverted Zeiss Axio Observer Z1 microscope with Definite Focus (focus maintenance)
- Motorized XY Stage, allowing large images and multi-point time-lapse imaging
- Piezo stage to allow faster and more precise z movement
- Airyscan Module for super resolution
- High sensitivity GaAsP photodetector plus two PMTs for confocal and additional PMT for transmitted light
- InVivo Scientific enclosure w/ environmental control (temperature and CO2)
- Up to 8 frames/sec with 512 x 512 pixels (max. 250 frames/sec with 512 x 16)
- Up to 6144 x 6144 pixels resolution
- Detection from 390 to 750 nm freely configurable
- Zen Black with Experiment Designer, Tiles / Positions, FRAP and FRET Analysis
- Zen Blue
Zen lite free download page here:
EC PLAN NEO
EC PLAN NEO
PLAN APO for AiryScan
LCI PLAN NEO
Oil, Gly, Water
1 GaAsP detector for increased light sensitivity, 2 standard fluorescent photomultiplier tubes (PMT), AiryScan detector and Transmitted light detector (T-PMT)
- Labs that use the following microscopes: Zeiss LSM880, Leica SP5, and/or Leica SP8 for 25 or more hours per month, during OFF-HOURS will be charged $32/hour for all use of that microscope.
- Labs that use the Zeiss LSM880, Leica SP5, and/or Leica SP8, for 75 or more hours per month, during OFF-HOURS will be charged at $23/hour for usage. This rate is in recognition of the high number of hours required for continuous overnight and weekend imaging inherent in the use of these microscopes for live cell imaging.
To qualify for these rates you must have after-hours access to the facility (i.e. be an experienced, competent user) and must use the confocal/2 photon between 5:00 pm and 8:00 am M-F, holidays, or any time on weekends. Reserved but unused time does not qualify for these discounts. Please speak with the facility Director Jon Mulholland for more information.
This microscope was funded by the Beckman Center. Installation date:02/2016