AFM PROBE PRICE LIST :
|Probe||Price per tip ($)|
|ScanAsyst Fluid +||32|
You can click HERE if you want more information about the probe or if you want to purchase your own.
For Colloidal probes you have to custom order on Novascan.
Cleaning the probe head for AFM
1. Prepare a 2% solution of Alconox in MilliQ water (200 mg to 10mL water) in a clean glass vial or 15mL falcon tube
2. To clean the head, place it on the secure attachment provided by Bruker.
3. Add 2 drops of the Alconox solution on the head (where you will put the probe). Ensure that water is not enough to drip over to the piezo
4. Once the drops are on the head, brush it gently using the toothbrush provided in the facility. You should see foam
5. At this point, rinse the probe head by adding MilliQ water drop-wise (Full rinsing will consume about 2mL of water). Alternatively, you can make 3 solutions of water in dishes and dip the probe head in them one by one (1 minute dip, followed by the next dish of water)
6. Dry the probe head using N2 flow
7. Rinse the head with pure 100% EtOH drop-wise. Shake the excess off and rinse again with fresh pure100% EtOH. Repeat (total of 3 times).
8. Dry with N2 flow
9. The probe head is now ready to be used. In case you still see impurities in your sample, consider using better detergents or longer cleaning of the probe head.
Acknowledgement: We thank Saumya Saurabh for writing the detailed protocol for cleaning probe heads.