Note that SOE users are assigned SOE NAS space. Depending on where you saved your data you should either used the path to Taltos3 server: \\taltos3.stanford.edu\home$\sunetid or SOE shared space: \\soe-nas.stanford.edu\csif-lab\sunetid
- To ftp into CSIF Taltos3 server:
- Go to any explorer/browser window and change the address bar to ftp:\\taltos3.stanford.edu and hit Enter or ftp:\\soe-nas.stanford.edu\csif-lab.
- It should prompt you for your sunetid and password, use win\sunetid and sunetpassword to get through
- You should see your files in window.
- To use windows to connect to CSIF Taltos3 server (and map the network drive):
- Right click on “My computer” and choose “Map network drive”
- Choose a drive letter (ie: T: )
- For Folder: field, type in \\taltos3.stanford.edu\home$\sunetid or \\soe-nas.stanford.edu\csif-lab\sunetid.
- Check the box for “Connect using different credentials”
- At the prompt, use “email@example.com” and your sunetpassword, check “Remember my credentials” then hit ok
- T: drive should now be connected to your account on the server.
*data can be accessed without mapping a drive as well. Simply type in \\taltos3.stanford.edu\home$\sunetid in address bar of the explorer window and answer the prompts as above.
*same done in cmd prompt: net use t: \\taltos3.stanford.edu\home$\sunetid /savecred /persistent:yes and user win\sunetid for login and sunetpassword
- To use mac to mount CSIF Taltos3 server folder
- From pull down menus in the Finder/desktop window, find the “Connect to server…” option
- Type in smb://taltos3.stanford.edu/home$ or smb://soe-nas.stanford.edu/csif-lab/sunetid.
- At the prompt, use “win\sunetid” and your sunetpassword
- Taltos3 folder should be mounted and you should see it on your desktop as well, go to your directory to access your files.
- To use linux to mount the CSIF Taltos3 server folder
- you need to have mount permission (su first if needed)
- create a mount point (mkdir /tdrive in this example)
- mount –t cifs //taltos3.stanford.edu/home$/sunetid /tdrive –o username=win/sunetid,sec=ntlmssp,file_mode=0700,dir_mode=0700
- /tdrive should now be mounted to your directory on taltos3.stanford.edu
- For vpn access from off campus, see https://uit.stanford.edu/service/vpn